Terms & Conditions
This Terms & conditions was last updated on Monday, September 30, 2019.
1 _ Introduction
1.1 _ This Website is owned by Doris Escapes (the ‘Company’). The Company is registered in Quebec, Canada
- 1.2 _ To contact the Company, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2 _ Use of the Website
- 2.1 _ You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you register as a registered user and use the Website in accordance with these Terms.
- 2.2 _ By accessing any part of the Website you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms in full. If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must leave the Website immediately.
2.3 _ These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Company’s Website:
3 _ Variation
- 3.1 _ The Company will amend these Terms from time to time without notice or liability to you. Any changes to the Terms shall be effective immediately following the posting of any such changes on the Website. You should regularly check the Website to ensure you understand the Terms that apply at that time.
4 _ Ownership and restrictions
4.1 _ Apart from images licenced for use by the Company, including photographic images and content which is licenced by the Company from photographers, fravel partners, hotels and other third parties, the Website, its design and content including all text, information, still and motion video, audio and audio visual material, code and/or software and all intellectual property rights relating to the same (the ‘Material’) are owned by the Company. All such rights are reserved.
4.2 _ The Website may be used by you strictly for your own personal use as provided in these Terms. No element of the Website or the Material may be taken out of context or presented in a misleading or discriminatory manner.
4.3 _ You must not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so.
4.4 _ Other than as permitted under these Terms, you agree not to modify, copy, reproduce, broadcast, modify, adapt, transmit, republish, sell, resell, exploit, create derivative works or distribute in any way any portion of the Website or the Material.
4.5 _ You are granted a personal, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to access the Website and print and download extracts from the Website (which are clearly made available by the Company for you to print and/or download) for your own private personal use on the following basis:• no documents, images or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way;• no graphics or images found on the Website are used separately from the accompanying text;• no Material or any portion of the Website is used and/or exploited to create an association or similar connection with a business, person or corporate entity;• the Company’s or applicable third party’s copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies of any material from the Website; and• you do not, and you do not allow any third party, to modify or create a derivative work, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code or software available on the Website.The grant of this limited licence is conditional upon your agreement to and compliance with all these Terms. The Company may revoke this licence at any time in its absolute discretion.
- 4.6 _ Any use of extracts or images from the Website, including without limitation the Material, other than in accordance with paragraph 4.5 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the Terms, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy or permanently erase from any computer memory or storage device any downloaded or printed extracts or images or documents from the Website including without limitation the Material.
- 4.7 _ All copyrights, trademarks, intellectual property rights and proprietary rights on the Website are the property of or licensed to the Company unless otherwise stated. Other than as permitted under these Terms, nothing shall be construed as conferring upon you by implication, estoppel or otherwise any other licence or right to use any trade mark, patent, registered design, design right, copyright or other intellectual property right of the Website.
5 _ Website access
- 5.1 _ Although the Company endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day; we do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted and shall not be held liable if the Website is unavailable.
5.2 _ The Company may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website for business and operational reasons, or for reasons beyond the Company’s control.
6 _ Visitor material and conduct
6.2 _ You are prohibited from uploading to the Website any material:• that is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, indecent, discriminatory, unlawful or advocates unlawful behaviour, seditious, liable to incite racial hatred, menacing, scandalous, deceitful, abusing, likely to cause harassment, in breach of any legal duty, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;• which impersonates any person or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person;• for which you have not obtained all necessary licences, consents and/or approvals;• which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or• which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- 6.3 _ The Company shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of this paragraph 6.
7 _ Links to and from other websites
7.1 _ Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information and convenience only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by the Company of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
7.2 _ The Company has not reviewed, and has no control or responsibility over, the contents, availability or data collection practices of those sites or resources.
7.3 _ If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
7.4 _ The Company does not permit the linking of the Website from any third party websites unless it has provided its express written consent to do so.
8 _ Registration
- 8.1 _ When you submit your details to the Company via the Website, you warrant that all the details you supply, including without limitation, your name and e-mail address are accurate, that you are authorised to use the email address that you provide and that you are at least 18 years old.
8.2 _ If you are below the age of 18, please obtain the permission of your parent or guardian before using the Website. The Company has no intention of collecting any personal information from children below the age of 18 without informed parental consent.
8.3 _ Parents are encouraged to review their children’s email and Internet activities to ensure that the Website is being used in accordance with these Terms.
9 _ Terms and conditions
- 9.1 Details of the terms and conditions are available at this Terms and Conditions page Please review such terms and conditions carefully and thoroughly as they will govern and apply to any supply of the services by the Company and take precedence over and supersede any other terms.
- 9.2 _ Any amendment or variation made to the terms and conditions as supplied by the Company shall not be valid or binding unless agreed to in advance by the Company and confirmed by the Company by counter-signing such amendment or variation on the booking confirmation form.
10 _ Disclaimer
- 10.1 _ Information on this Website does not constitute an offer or solicitation to conduct any business in any jurisdiction. It is your responsibility to inform yourself about and observe any applicable laws relating to your business.
- 10.2 _ Information on the Website has been obtained from sources which we reasonably believe to be reliable and accurate.
- 10.3 _ The Company is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the Website provided by third parties.
11 _ Accuracy
- 11.1 _ The content on the Website is provided for general information only and it is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- 11.2 _ While the Company endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- 11.3 _ The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material.
- 11.4 _ You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Website.
12 _ Liability
- 12.1 _ The Company, any party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website, and any of the Company’s group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for:
• any third party websites linked to the Website or the material on such third party websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing such third party website or your downloading of any material from such third party website; and
• loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity or and other indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages.
- 12.2 _ The Company does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontracts and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 12.3 _ The Company does not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website’s server is free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or bugs.
- 12.4 _ You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection
13 _ Severance
- 13.1 _ If any of these Terms shall be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
14 _ No waiver
- 14.1 _ No delay or failure by the Company to exercise any powers, rights or remedies under these Terms will operate as a waiver of them nor will any single or partial exercise of any such powers, rights or remedies preclude any other or further exercise of them. Any waiver to be effective must be in writing and signed by an authorised representative of the Company.
15 _ Entire agreement
- 15.1 _ These Terms including the documents or other sources referred to in these Terms supersede all prior representations understandings and agreements between you and the Company relating to the use of this Website and sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and the Company for your use of this Website.
16 _ Governing law and jurisdiction
- 16.1 _ These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Canada law in addition and subject to, any applicable local consumer laws in your territory. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of your local courts.